Food Truck Safety Guidelines
To safeguard the Oklahoma State University community from the risk of fire or explosions associated with the use of mobile vending operations, food trucks, or trailers, certain requirements and operating procedures must be followed.
To assist in the planning of a mobile vendor, food truck, or trailer on campus, EHS provides the following checklist:
- The campus department or student organization must submit the University Dining Services Food Waiter Application, an Event Application and any other necessary paperwork at least two weeks prior to the event.
- The location must meet the following requirements:
- No trucks are permitted within 10 feet of a building at any time.
- If multiple trucks and trailers are being used, they must be separated from one another by a minimum of 10 feet.
- Trucks cannot obstruct fire lanes, fire hydrants, fire department connections or required egress paths, sidewalks or crosswalks.
- A food truck safety review must be completed before food is prepared.