The mission of the OSU Environmental Health and Safety Department is to promote health, safety, and environmental protection by providing exemplary programs and services in support of OSU's mission; to support and facilitate OSU's mission to educate through teaching, research, creative activities, and service; to provide expertise, programs, and resources to maintain regulatory compliance, and to protect OSU's infrastructure from all types of hazards through a comprehensive risk-based emergency preparedness program.
In support of this mission, EHS is committed to:
- Being a department comprised of individuals committed to our mission and values and to the application for the highest level of professional practices and standards.
- Evaluating the status of and overseeing the compliance of health, safety, and environmental hazards or noncompliance and assisting in resolving those issues through education, monitoring, and problem solving.
- Developing and implementing new programs to assure the university remains compliance with regulations and industry standards.
- Maintaining necessary documentation to demonstrawte regulatory compliance and responsible actions in health, safety, and environmental activities.
- Providing training in health, safety, and environmental matters.
- Demonstrating sound fiscal responsibility and management of budgetary resources.
- Service: We are a service-oriented department committed to professionalism through friendly and helpful interactions.
- Quality: We strive to provide quality and timely service.
- Knowledge: We seek to continually expand our knowledge in order to provide accurate and relevant information.