Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University

Request for Occupancy

Request for Occupancy

A Request for Occupancy is required at the completion of any work for which a Construction Permit was issued and shall be obtained from the Authority Having Jurisdiction or designee prior to any occupancy of a structure except as provided by code.

Temporary Occupancy:
Upon request of the holder of the permit, a temporary certificate of occupancy shall be issued before the completion of the entire work covered by the permit provided that such portion or portions of the project shall be occupied safely prior to full completion of the structure without endangering life or public welfare.

When a structure is entitled thereto and upon completion of final survey as well as the corrections of any identified violations or discrepancies, the AHJ shall issue a Certificate of Occupancy within 10 days after receipt of written application.

Download Request for Occupancy.